My Story

My photo
Crosby, Merseyside, United Kingdom
I am a freelance textile artist/ designer, with a preference for surface pattern design. This blog is a way to show some of the work that I do, things that inspire me and my current projects.

Saturday 9 February 2013

A day in the life

Liverpool Museums beautiful butterfly collection; even though there is something creepy about pinned butterfly's I find them really aesthetically pleasing.

Some of the moths have much better markings than any of the butterfly's, and they have the most interesting facts too.






Crystallized minerals 

Jaws, the picture doesn't really to justice to how sharp those teeth are.  

Aside from the stunning patterns the labels really caught my eye too, the hand written descriptions and dates the way everything is presented made me think about how I could incorporate this clinical archiving into pattern. 


Chinese embroidery 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers